Mon, 19 Feb|
Sports Injury Prevention Workshop for Coaches & Trainers
Attention Local Sports Coaches and Trainers!!! A FREE educational training is being provided by Astute Physiotherapy to all of the sport coaches and trainers in our community. There will be a tonne of knowledge and useful advice to help you and your athletes avoid injury this year.
Time & Location
19 Feb 2024, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Astute Physiotherapy, 2/126 St Vincent St, Ulladulla NSW 2539, Australia
About the Workshop
The purpose of this session is to provide you, as a local trainer or coach, with the necessary knowledge and useful advice to assist in preventing injuries in our local athletes. Additionally, you'll feel more confident in your ability to deal with injuries and advise parents on the best course of action.
Who is eligable to participate in this workshop?
- Trainers or coaches of our local sports team (from the Milton/Ulladulla Community)
- Coaches of participants of any age (you can apply these principles and tailor exercises to fit any age group)
- Although the focus of this instructional event is field sports (football, netball, AFL, soccer, etc.), anyone can attend from any sport because the key concepts are applicable to all sports and activities (dancing, gymnastics, surfing, athletics, and so on).
By the time this workshop concludes, you will understand the following concepts:
- What your training session should incorporate to drastically lower the chance of injury!
- What should be included in a warm up.
- Specific exercises for every age group to incorporate into these sessions.
- Understand what has the biggest impact on the prevention of injuries.
- Myths and misconceptions regarding injuries: what should and shouldn't be excluded from warm-ups and training sessions.
- What advice to give to parents when a participant is injured and who they should go and see (Hospital, GP or Physio?)
Where is the workshop?
- The clinic of Astute Physiotherapy, located at 2/126 St Vincent Street, Ulladulla, is the venue for the event.
When is the workshop?
- Monday February 19, 2024, 6:30 p.m.
What is the cost?
Astute is hosting this event on for FREE; but, since numbers are limited, we kindly ask that you notify us as soon as possible if you will be unable to attend so we can offer your place to someone else.
How long will it go for?
We anticipate that the evening will take approximatley 90 minutes, allocating plenty of time to address any concerns and answer questions.
- Ticket type
Sport Coach or Trainer TicketPrice$0.00